- New Member Application
- Dues Renewal Form (60 DAY GRACE PERIOD)
- Breeder Referral Participation Requirements
- Volunteer Opportunities Form
- Pet Referral Directory Form
Code of Ethics
I. Breeders shall strive for perfection of the Bernese Mountain Dog in accordance with the official standard set forth by the American Kennel Club. In this regard they shall:
a. Maintain high standards of health and care for their dogs.
b. Use only physically and temperamentally sound stock, and will refuse stud service to any bitch that is unregistrable or shows obvious defects. They shall study and learn the good and bad points within their own stock never doubling up on a known and visible fault.
c. Ideally, x-ray for evidence of hip dysplasia at two years of age or older, treating mild cases as they would any other fault, and excluding from breeding programs dogs with more severe evidence of hip dysplasia.
d. Refrain from breeding the bitch until her second season, preferably waiting until at least 18 months of age. A bitch shall be bred no more than two out of three seasons, this depending on the size of the liter whelped and her condition. It is suggested that in most cases a period of one-year lapse between litters.
2. Breeders will not sell stock without true representation to the purchaser nor use misleading or untruthful statements in selling or advertising.
3. No member shall sell adults or puppies to any known retail or wholesale pet outlet.
4. A buyer should be supplied with a four-generation pedigree, with information on inoculations and other veterinary care that the dog has had, and with instructions on the care, feeding and training of the Bernese Mountain Dog.
5. A breeder should guarantee the health of his stock subject to a veterinarian’s examination within 48 hours of the sale.
6. A breeder should try to keep in touch with the progress of dogs of his breeding in order to better analyze his own program.
7. A breeder shall exhibit at dog shows and matches where feasible.
8. Members shall at all times exhibit good sportsmanship at all events related to the club and dog shows.
9. Members shall not degrade any other member or kennel.